September 6, 2020 Update
The 2020 CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook can be downloaded by clicking the relevant link below:
Every once in a while, the Healthcare Quality Certification Commission (HQCC) revises the CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook. The last revision occurred only in the last few weeks.
The previous version of the Handbook was published in January 2013. In our experience, the updates of this Handbook may or may not be material to the CPHQ candidate.
So when I discovered the Handbook had been revised again, I had two questions.
The first question that went through my mind was, “What’s changed?”
The second was, “Did they change the CPHQ exam content outline?”
It was not likely the NAHQ had made any changes given the latest practice analysis survey happened only in June and July this year.
But I still needed to know the answer to the second question because I would have had to develop questions for any tasks that were new on the content outline.)
I compared the two latest versions of the CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook:
- CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook (Last modified October 11, 2013)
- CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook (Last modified January 3, 2013)
I found only three changes, none of which will matter much to CPHQ candidates:
- Page 7 (October 2013 edition) – Rescheduling an Examination and Canceling an Examination. The section “Rescheduling or Canceling an Examination” was divided into two sections, i.e. “Rescheduling an Examination” and “Canceling an Examination.”
- Page 14 (both editions) – Appeals. The mailing address to which examinees can send appeals was changed to: 8735 W, Higgins Road, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60631.
- Page 14 (October 2013 edition) – Verification of Scores. This section was added.
Most importantly, I could not find any changes to the CPHQ exam content outline (I checked three times).